Eye and Vision Exams
Eye and Vision Exams in Saint Charles, MO
Most people don't realize that their eyes are an intricate set of organs in the body. Our Saint Charles optometrists at Bogey Hills Vision Center offers an evaluation of the health of your eyes, including a vision exam to determine if you need corrective lenses.
What You Should Expect During an Eye Exam
A comprehensive eye exam doesn't have to be scary. To begin, our optometrists will gather some necessary background information about your health history that could affect your current eye health. Our eye doctors then will start with a few vision exam procedures to determine the clarity of your eyesight. Here is a quick overview of tests you're probably familiar with:
- A visual acuity test is reading letters from the Snellen eye chart to see if you may require corrective lenses
- Retinoscopy allows your optometrist to identify the correct prescription for eyeglasses or contacts
- Eye functioning and eye movement tests
Eye Exams That Check the Health of Eyes
Our optometrists don't only check the clarity of your vision. We also examine the health of your eye. We will run several tests to identify any source of possible issues that could lead to vision loss, especially as you age. Here are a few tests and instruments we may use to check the health of your eyes:
- Slit Lamp Testing- This test allows our doctors to examine the eye's structure in exquisite detail, looking for eye problems such as cataracts or macular degeneration. Using a high-intensity light will enable us to evaluate your eyes, but don't worry, it doesn't hurt a bit.
- Glaucoma Testing- Our optometrists will use an instrument that blows a puff of air into your eyes to measure the pressure. Glaucoma is irreversible, but it can be managed with proper treatment.
- Pupil Dilation- If our eye doctors want further testing, we might dilate your eyes. Your eyes may be sensitive to light for a few hours after the dilation.
Why You Need A Regular Eye Exam
Many of the eye problems that people have will go unnoticed for months or even years at a time. For example, in the beginning stages of macular degeneration and glaucoma, they often show unnoticeable symptoms. A regular visit to an eye doctor can help identify vision problems and treat them before it's too late.
Make an Appointment with Bogey Hills Vision Center Today
We are a preferred vision practice in the Saint Charles, MO, area. We handle everything from fitting you with the right pair of eyeglasses to ensuring your eyes are in excellent health. To make an appointment, contact Bogey Hills Vision Center today by calling (636) 946-1176.